Friday, April 06, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes.

The following conversation took place with my gransdon in my car while I was driving to get the whole family dinner one evening. He was sitting in the back in his car seat asking me a zillion questions when the following conversation ocurred.

“Poppa?

“Yes Alex.”

“We’re doomed.”

“What?”

“We’re doomed Poppa, we’re doomed.”

“Um…. Why would you say that little buddy?”

“Cause you don’t know where you’re going.”

“I know where I’m going.”

“No you don’t, this isn’t the way… we’re doomed.”

“Uh… I know where we’re going. We’re going to get Chinese food.”

“This isn’t the way to get Chinese food. I know the way Poppa and this isn’t the way. We’re doomed.”

“I don’t think we’re doomed pal. This is the way to my Chinese restaurant. It’s different than the way to your Chinese restaurant.”

“Poppa? I think we need to go to my Chinese restaurant.”

“Well your Chinese restaurant is ten miles from here. My Chinese restaurant is real close.”

“Poppa?”

“Yes.”

“We’re doomed.”

“Pal we’re not doomed. Trust me we’re real close to the Chinese restaurant.”

“Poppa?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t get food from your Chinese restaurant.”

“Why not?”

“Cause it’s crap.”

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

“Um…. It’s not crap pal. You shouldn’t say that.”

“You said it.”

“I said it?”

“Yep.”

“I don’t think I did pal.”

“The last time we had Chinese food you said you couldn’t eat that crap.”

“Um… yes… well… Poppa made a mistake. I didn’t mean that there was something wrong with the Chinese food. I just meant that I couldn’t eat it because it’s not on my diet.”

“Okay.”

“Poppa?”

“Yes Alex.”

“Can you have cheese?”

“No I’m not supposed to have cheese.”

“I like cheese.”

“I like cheese too. I just can’t eat it.”

“Because it’s crap?”

“No because it’s fattening.”

“Okay.”

“Poppa?”

“Can you have pizza?”

“No I’m not supposed to have pizza.”

“No pizza?”

“No pizza?”

“Poppa?”

“Yes.”

“What’s not fattening?”

“Fruits and vegetables.”

“Oh….”

“Poppa?”

“Yes.”

“This diet is crap.”

We're doomed.........