Thursday, August 03, 2006

I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it....

“I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it…..”

“Why are you singing that song?”

“What song?”

“That song from Madagascar. The I like to move it song.”

“Uh... I don’t know. I didn’t even realize I was singing it. Maybe because Alex sings it all the time. He sings that and some song about the “booty”.

“What song about the booty?”

“I think he learned it from Pirates of the Caribbean. You know… booty… treasure.”

“A booty song?”

“Yeah something about “taking in the booty”, something like that.”

“And you let him sing that song?”

“Yeah…so?”

“Where is he?”

“I think he’s playing with his toys.”

“You’re supposed to be watching him.”

“I am watching him.”

“You’re watching “Shark Week” on the Discovery Channel you are not watching your grandson.”

“Yes I am.”

“Then where is he?”

“I can hear him. He’s upstairs playing in the den.”

“Hearing him is not watching him. Can you be this stupid?”

“Relax, I told him I have eyes in the back of my head and that I can see him all the time. I’m using the old eyes in the back of my head trick.”

“I really need to hit you with something.”

“Put the shoe down. Look it’s not that big a deal. Every once in a while I just yell, “knock it off up there” and he yells back, “okay Poppa.” See I got it covered.”

“You… you… I can’t believe you are this big an idiot.”

“Okay just watch. ALEX!!!! KNOCK IT OFF UP THERE!!!”

“WHY POPPA??”

“Uh… BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING.”

“HOW DO YOU KNOW POPPA?”

”BECAUSE I HAVE EYES IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD.”

“YOU’RE HEAD IS DOWNSTAIRS POPPA.”

“What now numb nuts?”

“Uh… I… Uh… ALEX GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!”

“Hi Gramma. I have to poop.”

“Um... Hi sweetheart be a big boy and go to the bathroom. Poppa and Gramma are right out here if you need us. Isn’t he cute? He’s growing up so fast.”

“He’s only four.”

(From the bathroom.)

“I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it. HEY POPPA IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!”

“What does he mean it works?”

“Uh… I have no idea.”

“I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it.”

“Why is he singing that song in the bathroom?”

“I have no idea.”

“Alex what are you doing in there?”

“I’m poopin. I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it…. Poppa told me to sing and it would come out easier.”

“You told him to sing while he poops?”

“Not that particular song. Although it is kind of appropriate don’t you think?”

“You told him to sing?”

“Well he was having a little trouble and he’s too young to take the sports page in there.”

“You… You… I don’t even know what to say.”

“I complete you?”

“Complete idiot.”

“Hi Gramma.”

“Hey sweetie. Did Poppa teach you any other songs?”

“Nope.”

“What about the booty song.”

“Takin it in da booteeh.”

“Uh… Where did you learn that song?”

“Jeffrey’s mom sings that. TAKIN it in DA BOOOOOOTEEH!!!”

“See it wasn’t me. Um… By the way Alex does Jeffrey’s mom sing that in the bathroom?”

“Idiot. Um… Sweetheart let’s sing something else. That’s not a very good song.”

“Didn’t you say something to him when he was singing it before?”

“I didn’t know what the hell he was singing. I swear I thought it was a pirate song.”

“Pirates my….”

“Don’t say it.”

“Let’s sing another song Alex. Come on sing with Gramma, I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it.”

“Do you have to poop Gramma?”