Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm a Disgruntled American.

I’m asking your forgiveness ahead of time for this but I need to get it out of my system and then I promise I’ll never do it again.

I hate talking politics but they really pissed me off this time.

I'm a Republican. I've voted Republican in every election since I was eighteen. I voted for our current president twice. Hey the last time my other choice was John Kerry. It was like choosing between getting kicked in the balls or punched in the balls. Either way it was going to hurt like hell.

So I got this phone call from the National Republican Congressional Committee.

Congressman Tom Reynolds wants me to serve on the Business Advisory Council as an honorary chairman.

It seems I’m a hero or something for the Republican Party. That’s right; I get to have dinner with the President in Washington D. C along with “hundreds” of other honorary chairmen.

Oh... did I mention I get a gavel?

I don’t even have to make a donation if I don’t want to. That’s what the telemarketer from the National Republican Congressional Committee told me.

I have to give them credit; at least the person who called me wasn’t from India.

Then again I didn’t call them. They called me.

Here are a few tidbits from their website.

The NRCC wants “to forge a new and dynamic alliance between the Republican leadership and the small business community.”

“Honorary Chairmen will be invited to participate in periodic strategy sessions. We need your input on the economic and tax issues, and how to build broad based support in the business community. You will be invited to participate in private surveys and policy briefings.”

“Honorary Chairmen will be invited to dinners, receptions, and other party functions, both national and regional. In addition you will be invited to participate in NRCC functions.”

“We will spend in excess of $3.6 million recruiting broad based support, and an additional $2.5 million in advertising. Most of these funds must come from our Honorary Chairmen. Your gifts are the seed money needed to create the grassroots support that can finally lead to a breakthrough on health care reform, debt reduction, social security, tax and education reform, and sound economic policy that keeps this economy growing!”

Uh huh….

Republicans have controlled the Senate, Congress and the Presidency for the last four years.

So where are we on health care reform, debt reduction, social security, tax and education reform, and a sound economic policy?

Where are we on a sound foreign policy?

Where are we on immigration reform?

The answer to all those questions is no where.

Where are we on building a “dynamic alliance between the Republican leadership and the small business community?”

What have the Republicans done for small business?

We know the Democrats haven’t done a damn thing. (Trust me they haven’t. Democrats have voted no on every single bill to benefit small business in the last eight years. Look it up if you don’t believe me.)

Guess what, my fellow Republicans haven’t done a damn thing either and they’re in control.

Do you know why?

Because this isn’t my Republican Party. This should be called The Republican Cult.

These are imposters.

My Republican party believed in individualism, smaller government, and business entrepreneurship.

This Republican Party has presided over the largest-ever expansion of the federal bureaucracy in history.

President Ronald Reagan, once said, “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."

These Republicans seem to have forgotten that.

These Republicans think the world is 6,000 years old.

My Republican Party said, Uh wait a minute, we have the... Oh what are they called? Oh yeah... THE FOSSILS!!!!!

This Republican Party believes that putting retired old white guys called Minutemen that have nothing better to do along the border will solve the immigration problem. Oh let’s throw in a couple of thousand of our National Guard as well. We might want to wait for them to get over the shell shock of Iraq first.

My Republican Party realizes that trying to shut down our borders is a futile joke and that we should be working to create a realistic immigration policy that allows Mexicans, yes Mexicans, the ability to come across the border to work, pay taxes and contribute to a managed healthcare program.

My Republican Party realizes that Mexicans are not Muslim fundamentalists. When was the last time you saw a Mexican blow himself up?

My Republican Party wouldn’t have thrown away the support of the whole world after the terrorist attacks on 9-11 and the toppling of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan by invading Iraq.

My Republican Party believes if you are going to invade a country on the pretext of their possession of Weapons of Mass Destruction that you had better find them.

My Republican Party would listen to military advisors that have some sense of the history of the region so that we don’t get caught up in a religious, tribal or civil war.

My Republican Party would not have a foreign policy that bleeds third world nations of their economic resources creating even more poverty giving the rise to Muslim fundamentalist fanatics and leftist revolutionaries.

Is no one recognizing the reason for the spread of Islamic Fundamentalism? Who is feeding the poor of the Middle East, Africa and Asia? The US? The Israeli’s? The other western powers?

Who is building schools and hospitals?

Who is giving the poor of the world hope?

Not us.

No it’s organizations like Hamas, Hezbollah, Hizbul Mujahideen and the Muslim Brotherhood to name just a few.

If you have nothing, no hope for a future in this world, then you turn to the things that no man, no country, no power can take away from you.

Faith.

Religion.

God.

And for some reason god never tells anyone to buy a pony.

He tells you to blow yourself up.

And we’re no better.

What once was my party is now a right wing religious fundamentalist cult.

Oh we’re not going to blow ourselves up. We’re going to blow other people up.

Why the rise of this insanity?

Because we are doing to the heartland of this country what western powers and corrupt governments have done to the third world nations and the poor, taken away Middle America’s hope for the future.

We are creating more and more right wing religious zealots in the same way the Islamic Fundamentalists are creating future terrorists.

We have created millions of Americans that believe their only hope is in faith, religion and God. Where is the faith in ones self? Where is moral common sense? Where is the voice of our youth?

Our youth live out their lives on My Space or playing computer games with an iPod stuck to their ears while they’re pumped full of Ritalin.

My god we have kids participating in sports where “no one keeps score”, “everybody is a winner”, “we wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings.”

Oh that’s a lot like the real world isn’t it?

And let’s not forget to stick a helmet on them while they take a bath.

This is madness.

The majority of our youth just doesn’t care.

Apathy.

That’s what causes nations to collapse.

Apathy.

That’s what gives rise to fundamentalist fanatics.

Apathy.

That’s what creates a nation of people who don’t challenge the decisions of their leaders.

Apathy.

Maybe we should bring back the draft.

Why?

Because the youth of today think the “draft” has something to do with fantasy football.

Bring back the draft and our leaders will be held accountable for their actions by the parents of those sent to die. Maybe that will wake people up. It had me awake in 1975 when I was a senior in high school hoping that the Vietnam War would be over before I got drafted.

Lets change gears for a moment.

Ask yourself this question.

Why are interest rates going up?

“Well Tony everyone knows that they had to raise rates to slow down inflation.”

Bullshit.

Economic pee pee caca.

They raised rates because rates had no where else to go. The Fed had lowered the rate to where it was no longer a factor in terms of economic growth or decline.

They raise rates a quarter of a percent at a time not to curb inflation but to see how much inflation the economy could handle before it melts down.

Let’s break this down in simple terms.

The prime rate is now 8.25%.

The Joe Widget Company was borrowing money at 5% and now is borrowing money at 8.25%.

It will raise prices to offset the new expense.

It will lay people off to offset the new expense.

This is America. The Joe Widget Company is not going to make less money.

Now any company that uses those widgets needs to raise its prices or needs to lay people off to maintain its profits.

And this cycle goes on and on until I’m paying more for a cheeseburger.

That’s inflation.

And you cannot take the cost of gasoline and housing out of the calculation for inflation.

Why?

BECAUSE IT’S COSTING THE CONSUMER MORE AND MORE EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

THAT’S INFLATION!!!!!

It's just that simple.

My Republican Party would have asked the oil companies, “How can you post record profits if you are just passing on the rising costs to the consumer?”

Isn’t anyone looking at this and saying “Exxon made $10.7 billion dollars profit in a quarter? 32% more than they did in the last quarter? $10.7 billion?”

My Republican Party would have been outraged.

But no this Republican Party is more concerned with a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

A CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT??????

It’s the constitution of the United States of America. Men and women gave their lives creating a living breathing document that outlines the hope of a nation.

They wore wigs, makeup, weird clothes and funky shoes.

And that was the men.

And I’ll bet some of them were gay.

They didn’t “choose” to be gay. I’m forty nine years old. I’ve had nine annual physicals. Trust me, no one chooses to be gay.

It’s common sense.

Don’t tell me you’ve never seen the kid in elementary or high school that you already know is gay.

Come on, we’ve all seen them.

So what?

I don’t give a damn about gay marriage. You know why? I’m not gay. It’s none of my damn business. If they pay their taxes they should have as much right to have a mate take half their crap as anyone else. And if they both paid into social security why shouldn’t they have someone that could receive survivor benefits?

A CONSTITUTIONAL AMMENDMENT?????

And as for you gay people do you really need a parade? Here’s an idea, shut the hell up. I don’t go prancing around telling everyone about heterosexual pride.

Have thousands of Americans been killed or wounded in Iraq to prevent gay marriage and increase oil company profits?

My Republican Party would never have allowed this.

Forget the human toll for a moment.

We waged a war and now current occupation of Iraq that burns up billions of dollars in resources and equipment. Well if we’re spending billions then someone is making billions. Who is that? Who is accountable?

The pentagon doesn’t know where all the money has gone.

The Department of Defense doesn’t know.

How is this possible?

Show me the money.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

My Republican Party would be holding people accountable for this fiscal debacle.

And the idiots on the left don’t get it either. They really don’t. If they did they never would have given control of the Democratic Party to Howard Dean.

And does anyone seriously believe that Hillary Clinton will ever be president of the United States?

Please. That’s a no-brainer. It will never happen.

But where are the true leaders of this nation?

Where is the party of common sense? Where is my Republican Party?

Is there no one out there to lead us out of this insanity?

Have we become a country of sheep?

Beware of the shepherds.

Oh I could go on. I haven't even touched the environmental crap, Stem Cell Research, China, Russia, South America, the outsourcing of jobs to India, et al. and of course Israel and the Arabs.
We have become the new Roman Empire.

Rome fell.

And as for the National Republican Congressional Committee...

These fake Republicans.

Mr. Tom Reynolds, take the gavel you want to give me and shove it up your ass.

You’ve lost something way more valuable than my donations.

You’ve lost my vote.

I've got a gut feeling I'm not alone.

I'm done now.

I apologize to all of you.

It won't happen again.