Friday, September 16, 2005

Henry V's two minute warning.....

I am forsooth leaving anon for LasVegas for the Barrerra vs Pedon fight and to look for more comedic material.

So Friends, Romans, Bloggers, I leave you with this stupid little diddly.

If Shakespeare had been a football fan he would have written something like this:

He that outlives this Sunday, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe to reach the Cheetohs when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Lombardi.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast at his neighbours Big Screen,
And say 'Today is NFL Sunday.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds she gave me on NFL Sunday..'
Old men forget; their wives never forgot,
But he'll remember, about the pizza and
Beers he drank that day. Then shall their names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Lombardi the Vince, Halas the George,
Hayes and Nagurski, Landry and Rozelle, Thorpe and Tittle,
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And an NFL Sunday shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of husbands;
For he to-day that eats chips and quacamole with me
Shall be my brother; just don't touch my remote,
This day shall gentle his hangover;
And gentlemen in any country that watches soccer, now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That watched with us upon NFL Sunday.

I can't believe I actually posted this.

I can do better than this.

I'm actually talking to myself and typing at the same time.

My mind is outside my body telling me to do things.

That's an odd feeling.

Or a hangover.

***Thanks to all of you that were at the Comedy Store last night for our benefit show for Hurricane Katrina disaster relief. 100% of the funds we collected last night will go to the American Red Cross. Thanks again.***